Summer has officially begun and what better way to celebrate then with a festive picnic? Picnics are the classic summer activity for enjoying the great outdoors while breaking bread with friends and family. Add some sparklers and they also can be a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July. So, pop those storage-container lids and pull out the plastic dinnerware — it’s time to dine al fresco! Here’s our guide for packing for the ultimate outdoor feast.
Pack the Essentials
Picnics are a time to relax, unwind and bask in the sun. The last thing you want to do is unpack your basket and discover you forgot a corkscrew for your wine bottle. Avoid common disasters like soggy sandwiches and spoiled potato salad with a little bit of strategic planning. Eat, drink and be merry by packing these picnic basket essentials:
Food and Beverage
- Condiment packets
- Hand-held foods devoid of mayo: sandwiches, fruit, cheese, baguettes, veggies, hummus, crackers, chicken drumsticks, burgers, corn on the cob, baked goods, skewered meats or vegetables, salads (including fruit, pasta, potato, chopped or grain) and after-dinner sweets.
- Drinks: bottled water, canned drinks, lemonade, sweet tea, fruit juice, wine and other adult beverages
- Ice packs or bags of ice
- Knives and serving spoons
- Cups and plates
- Wine glasses
- Utensils, if needed
- Small cutting board
- Corkscrew or bottle opener
- Blanket or tablecloth
- First aid kit
- Bug spray or citronella candle
- Recreational items such as board games, books, sports gear, ring toss, cornhole, kites, and water balloons
- Fourth of July items: sparklers, fireworks Optional: cooler, hammock, pillows, tealight lantern, portable speakers Clean up
- Moist towelettes
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
Sweet Summer Picnics With Mrs Prindables
MRS PRINDABLES offers summer-themed sweets that make the perfect finale for your picnic spread. Whether your picnic is an elegant birthday dinner, a Fourth of July celebration, or a repast in an urban park, our wide selection of summer Confections complements every occasion. Celebrate Independence Day with our Patriotic Petite Caramel Apple 4-Pack featuring four Petite Caramel Apples adorned with red-white-and-blue ribbons. Add a splash of fun to your outdoor feast with our Summer Fun Petite Caramel Apple 4-Pack — perfect for picnics on the beach.
Make your afternoon picnic in the park with your sweetheart extra special by indulging a glass of wine accompanied by our Sunny Season Jumbo Caramel Apple. Choose from numerous signature flavors such as Toffee Walnut, Triple Chocolate or Caramel Popcorn and Salted Peanut for the perfect mix of sweet and salty. Packing for a picnic with many hungry bellies? Our Paint it Summer Caramel Apple Tray makes for a deliciously decadent dessert that can serve as many as 12 picnickers.
Make your picnic festive this summer with Mrs Prindables. Browse our mouthwatering summer collection and place your order today!