It can be challenging to find corporate gifts that are fun but not cheesy, impressive but not too expensive, personal but professional; however, it is possible. When choosing a corporate gift, we recommend following these principles:
1. Get the most bang for your buck – you want to get the absolute most for your money while delivering something that gets a “wow” reaction.
2. Stick with a theme – many gift baskets on the market include too wide a variety of products, and often the recipient ends up enjoying just a portion of these disconnected inclusions.
3. Quality vs. quantity – you want the recipient to love everything in the basket and feel like you really thought about what you were sending them. The recipient shouldn’t say to themselves "wow that really wasn't worth what they must have spent on it.“ Also, always include a personalized gift card expressing your appreciation for the recipients’ efforts or business.
4. Right gift for the right level – To strategically spend your gifting dollars, it can make sense to tailor the gifts depending on the level of the employee or relationship with a customer. This way, you’re spending relative to where the stakes are highest.
Corporate Gift Ideas by Budget
Another important factor in choosing gifts is the allowable gift price caps for your industry and staying within those limitations. For example, Financial Services companies have more stringent rules around what they can give or accept.
Whether it is a Jumbo Gourmet Caramel Apple or a box of Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Pretzels, you can find gifts to fit any budget that are sure to WOW your customers and team members.
Gifts Under $10
You don’t need to have an enormous budget to find gifts that will excite clients and employees. With a budget of $10 or less, you can focus on a variety of smaller branded items and sweet treats. Here are a few ideas:
Gifts $10 - $20
Your gift options will broaden significantly with a budget of $10 - $20; you will have access to more branded apparel items and electronics – higher-end gifts with more lasting impact. Here are a few ideas:
Gifts $30 - $40
A higher budget of $30 - $40 can go a long way when trying to impress – it opens your options up to more elaborate gifts like larger specialty food items and branded leather goods. Here are a few ideas:
Gifts $50 and up
With a budget of $50 , the world of gifts is your oyster. You can choose from a variety of grander items like gift baskets filled with delicious treats and sets of specialty glass- or serving-ware. Here are a few ideas:
Customizing Your Gifts
Customizing gifts for clients and employees can show that you took the extra step to show you care. The study in the Harvard Business Review we referenced earlier stresses that of all the gifts employees were presented with, a five-euro bill that was origami-folded to look like a shirt resulted in the highest increase in productivity among employees.
The same strategy works for your customers – when you customize their gift, they can see that you didn’t pick just any old gift off the shelf; you took the time to have a gift created for them.
When sending an especially generous gift, do not pass up on an opportunity to brand the product with your company name and/or message. You don’t want there to be any mistake made over who sent it. Especially during the holiday season when your gift could be sitting next to another vendor’s, adding your personal touches can make your gift stand out from the crowd.
Here are a few ideas for how to customize your corporate gifts:
- Add your logo, printed directly on the gift or placed on via sticker
- Tailor the gift wrapping to match your brand colors
- Include a short message to your customers or employees
- Add a special printed insert with more information on your business
Anatomy of a Custom Gift
We offer beautiful Gift Baskets and Jumbo Gourmet Caramel Apples, which make perfect backdrops for your logo that you are so proud to display. In addition, we also offer completely custom gifts if the quantity allows for it. We can design gifts using your logo colors through the packaging or use packaging that goes with your business theme.
Here is an example of one of our most popular gifts, the Classic Holiday Caramel Apple Gift Basket, with customizable features:
Ordering Corporate Gifts with Mrs Prindables
Our dedicated Corporate Gifting team is here to help you select the perfect products to suit your needs. We have gifts at every price point, so no matter your budget, you can deliver an unforgettable treat your recipients are sure to enjoy. We can also create custom gifts to showcase your brand using your logo and colors. Simply send us your recipient list using our convenient order form and we will handle your order and delivery.
Interested in learning more? Contact our team at 888.544.0583 or Corporate@MrsPrindables.com today!
Source: Fisman, Ray. “Forget About That Cash Bonus.” Harvard Business Review. March 04, 2013. (par. 1-10) https://hbr.org/2013/03/forget-about-that-cash-bonus (Date Accessed: 8/20/2021)