It’s official! Store away the snow boots, look out for new plants peeking up from the ground, and pull out the Easter baskets. Spring is coming, and with it, the promise of Easter festivities.
If like us, you embrace the more whimsical side of the holiday, the only thing more fun than waking up on Easter morning to a basket filled with goodies is getting to act as the Easter bunny. It’s no mean feat to assemble the perfect Easter basket stuffers but watching your family’s eyes light up as they discover the fantastic gifts you selected makes it all worthwhile.
Whether you’re looking for new Easter basket stuffer ideas or fun twists on some old favorites, we’ve enlisted the help of a few of our favorite lifestyle experts and members of our Product Development team to create a list of the best Easter basket fillers. From chocolate bunnies to Easter cookies, there are all kinds of baskets stuffers your family members will love. However, the trick to building the perfect Easter basket is selecting an array of nostalgic and unexpected gifts that work cohesively together.
Our 10 Best Easter Basket Stuffer Ideas
Easter is steeped in tradition, and we think it’s important to carry-on your annual rituals by filling your baskets with items your family has come to look forward to over the years, then add some more unique Easter basket fillers to create an element of surprise. With this game-plan in mind, here is our list of the top Easter basket stuffers:
1. Chocolate Easter eggs — Let’s be honest, the best kind of egg hunt ends with chocolate. Egg-shaped chocolates are a classic basket stuffer. You can find them in a variety of sizes from mini to colossal, filled with everything from scrumptious ganache and cream to peanut butter and marshmallow; wrapped in brightly colored foils or nestled inside decorative boxes, chocolate Easter eggs are a quintessential Easter basket treat.
2. Chocolate Easter bunnies — Equally as iconic as chocolate eggs are chocolate Easter bunnies – typically molded with milk, dark, or white chocolate, is there anything cuter? Kids and adults alike can delight in biting off their adorable chocolate ears and puffy tails. Since they’re generally larger in size, a chocolate bunny can serve as a whimsical focal point for your Easter basket. Jessica Haught of @pumpkinandgray aims to celebrate the nostalgia of Easter in her baskets, and there may not be anything that achieves this more than a chocolate Easter bunny.
3. Chewy Easter candies — You know the kind – delightful stick-to-your teeth candies like jellybeans, gummy bears, and pastel sugar-covered marshmallows. We have a soft spot for these classic Easter basket stuffers. They add bright bursts of color to the mix, making your basket look extra festive. Pick a few of your childhood favorites to pass down your own family traditions as well as prompt big smiles on Easter morning.
4. Easter Caramel Apples — For a special, more unconventional Easter basket filler, try including Gourmet Easter Caramel Apples! At Mrs Prindables, these decadent desserts feature crisp, tart Granny Smith apples dipped in creamy, homemade caramel, and enveloped in rich chocolate. To make them even more special, we decorate our Gourmet Caramel Apples with pretty pastel eggs and top them with plush Easter bunnies.
5. Easter cookies — Sugar cookies are a beloved treat any time of year, but they’re especially fun when cut and brightly iced to represent your family’s favorite Easter icons like bunnies, carrots, eggs, you name it! You can make them at home as a fun pre-Easter activity; for a basket gift that’s extra unexpected, try this recipe for stuffed krispie treat Easter eggs, where each egg hides a fun M&M surprise.
6. Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Pretzels — For a delicious combination of sweet and salty flavors, consider tucking Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Pretzels into your family’s Easter baskets. At Mrs Prindables, our Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Pretzels feature homemade caramel, decadent milk chocolate, and are speckled with pastel sprinkles. They add a crunchy texture that contrasts with the more traditional Easter goodies we’ve highlighted.
7. Spring clothes – In addition to edible gifts, it’s nice to include Easter gifts with more longevity. Whether sweet or silly, a spring-themed t-shirt or dress is a festive and practical Easter basket stuffer. Your little ones can then sport their new wares at Easter brunch or while they’re on the hunt for Easter eggs (and we had to hop on the chance to share this adorable bunny jumper). Amanda Condrat of @savedbylittles loves to take this opportunity to surprise her daughters with some new duds.
8. Easter books – Gifting an activity book filled with Easter crosswords, mazes, and connect-the-dots challenges are a great way to channel some of the sugar-fueled energy your kids may experience after digging into their Easter baskets. There’s also a wide variety of sweet Easter-themed storybooks available, including tales from classic series like Berenstain Bears and “If You Give…”.
9. Art supplies – Like Amanda mentioned, Easter is a perfect opportunity to spark your kids’ creativity. You could fill their Easter baskets with festive coloring books and pencils, and in a pinch, purchase digital downloads on Etsy like those pictured above. You can also find reusable coloring “dolls” for Easter like these embroidered dry-erase dolls. Not only do they provide long-term fun, they’ll look adorable peeking out of your Easter baskets amongst the candy and other treats.
10. Easter games – At the end of the day, Easter is a fun holiday to spend with family. Why not include an Easter basket gift that you can enjoy together? A puzzle with colorful Easter imagery could be a fun Easter basket stuffer, or perhaps, a collectible Easter game your family can hold onto over the years like this Easter ring toss. Or, start off your Easter egg hunt by slipping a clue or map inside the baskets, to build excitement! Our Product Development Manager, Rosa Perez, takes pride in creating new memories with her family through activity-based gifts.
Where to Buy Easter Basket Stuffers
When searching for Easter basket fillers, you can turn to local shops or buy your Easter stuffers online and have them delivered. There are a variety of online toy and book sellers, as well as gourmet food gift companies like Mrs Prindables, that can serve as your one-stop shop for sweet Easter treats. Ordering your Easter stuffers online is a convenient approach, saving you time and a trip out to the store.
For the ultimate time-saver, you can also find filled Easter Gift Baskets online, packed with all the delicious Easter goodies you could imagine. Some include traditional wicker or willow baskets and others feature more inventive vessels like Easter egg-shaped gift baskets or felt Easter bunny baskets, stuffed with colorful confections.
When scheduling a delivery for Easter basket stuffers, there are infinite companies to choose from, but to ensure your order arrives in time for Easter, you’ll want to select a reputable business that is easy to communicate with, and most likely choose a delivery date a few days before Easter in case there are any delays. These recommendations apply when determining where to buy Easter baskets, as well.
In the end, when deciding what to put in an Easter basket, have fun with new gift ideas while including the traditional stuffers you and your family have grown to love. We would welcome the chance to become a tradition for your family. Mrs Prindables offers a variety of Easter basket fillers to pick from, including Gourmet Caramel Apples as well as Caramel and Chocolate Confections. Browse our selection of delicious Easter Caramel Apples and treats for sale today!